Pounded Yam (Iyan)
Because sometimes you just need a complete meal. Add this to your order so that you can start enjoying your meal as soon as it arrives.
- Pounded Yam is one of the Nigerian fufu recipes that is eaten with the various Nigerian soups. These go well with our egusi soup, Efo-Riro (vegetable stew), or Okro Soup (Ila Alasepo)
- They are made fresh the day that they ship and shipped in an insulated container with the rest of your order so it will arrive chilled but not frozen. Simply unwrap, place on a microwave-safe plate and reheat slowly. You can also add in hot water, reheat, and then remix it together.
They are cooked fresh, carefully packaged (temperature controlled), and shipped directly to your doorstep.
Whether you can't eat certain items for religious reasons or because of allergies, we want to be transparent so that you have the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family.
- We cook in an environment where shrimps and sometimes nuts are present.
- Dried shrimp seasoning is used in our egusi stews, okra stews, and vegetable stews.
- We sometimes use goat, beef, or chicken broth in the cooking of our rice and other dishes.
- If this is your first time eating Nigerian food and you have a sensitive stomach or need additional assistance or clarification about any of our dishes, please feel free to reach out.